Sunday, 16 May 2010

Happy 80th Birthday Mom!


Happy 80th Birthday Mom!

In you, I've seen a heart made of gold.
I've seen generosity beyond compare.
I've seen compassion, empathy and a willingness to share.
I've seen laughter and joy.
I've seen and felt your love, my whole life long.

No child could have ever asked for a better Mom!
Thank you for being mine!


Butterflies and Humming Birds

Butterflies and humming birds,
Light my mother’s heart.
Magical flutterings,
Keep the three apart.

Mother making red juice
For the little birds,
Happily watching them,
Darting, self-assured.

Butterflies lighting,
On her flower tops,
Look how beautiful,
Their colors, nonstop.

Smiles unending curve
Round her lip’s password
Heaven’s creation sending
Lighting love’s code word.

By Debra Libby
May 16, 2010
Written for my mother,
Phyllis Wheeler
On her 80th birthday

1 comment:

Grow Family said...

Yeah for Grandma Wheeler!!! We sent her some flowers to plant.