Sunday, 20 July 2008

Parents

I wanted to write about what parents are supposed to be and then show how my parents have lived up to those expectations. But I didn’t know how. It seemed like an impossible task and made me cry. How can I write about the two people who have shaped my life? Where are the words I need to use? They escape me. I could use all the clichés I know about good parents and for mine they would be true. But are these words enough to explain the thoughts of my heart, my appreciation?

My parents are wonderful! They have loved me unconditionally, gained my respect, encouraged, strengthened, and prayed for me. My parents have taken me to church and taught me about spiritual truths. My parents have taught me to work and value integrity. They have clothed, fed, nourished and championed me. My parents have loved me, love me still and are supreme examples of everything positive in this world. I love you Mom and Dad!


2 comments:

Our Ohana said...

what a great picture of your parents! Very sweet post, mum:)

Grow Family said...

You truly do have the greatest parents. I agree 100%!!! Love you G'ma and G'pa.